“…an invaluable resource for support staff, climbing coaches and activity providers. It is a fantastic instructional tool on current best practice in inclusive climbing provision.”
Jamie Andrew OBE
This easy to follow manual lays out the technical and behavioural skills required for an effective, efficient and safe inclusive climbing partnership.
- Individuals with an impairment or disability
- Coaches and instructors
- Adventure professionals
- Volunteers, parents or support assistants
Inside you will discover:
- The 5 stages of the practical Decision-Making Framework (DMF); a cognitive process for effective decision making during inclusive climbing sessions
- That the DMF can be used effectively with any and all adventure sports
- 125 pages of fundamental and advanced technical and behavioural skills
- 100+ clear photos, diagrams and case studies
- Tips on how to follow up on a successful adventurous session
- Pointers to other sources of information and reference
The Inclusive Climbing manual was created with wonderful outdoor professionals Jim Gilligan and Graeme Morrison.
It was kindly supported throughout by Lyon and Petzl. Thank you all.